I managed to get a bunch of editing done this morning. I’ll probably pick up where I left off in a couple of minutes. I don’t like stopping in the middle of a chapter. There are some spots that I definitely want to revisit and revise. I think that there’s a lot of room for improvement in these scenes…and that there were points where I could have added more description or context. This section has just seemed weak. I don’t know if it’s because it was written three years ago and my style has changed a bit, or because I was being lazy when I wrote it. It definitely needs to be added to. At the moment nothing needs to be taken out, which is nice but it isn’t giving off the impact I was hoping for. I’m sure I can fix it up and get it just right. It’s not horrible it just isn’t…what I want yet.
Other than that, the previous scenes were perfect. I managed to add in a scene which is working very well with the rest of the text. I’m happy with it.
The other day I was playing around on my laptop, doing mock covers for the book. I already have a design, but I thought I’d just make one for fun using the colour scheme and everything that I decided on. It’s not bad…but I gotta say it’s amateur.
Well, I’d better get back to work.